Wanting.

I have waited all week for this post. No, I didn't forget and then have to scramble for something to write. I've planned this out. :) 
I'm doing my morning readings in Proverbs. Most of us women think of Proverbs 31, which is a wonderful piece of Scripture, but I have found many golden treasures while reading through all of Proverbs. Today is Proverbs 30 as it is the 30th of October. 

Proverbs 30:15-16
 15: "The horseleach hath two daughters, crying, Give, give. There are three things that are never satisfied, yea, four things say not, It is enough:
 16: The grave; and the barren womb; the earth that is not filled with water; and the fire that saith not, it is enough."

Let me just start with testimony. For the longest time I prayed not to "want". Not to want pregnancy, feel a baby kick, experiencing birth, my own child, anything that had to due with pregnancy. It was foolish of me to pray that. I see that now. I cannot describe the peace I have since reading this verse. It clearly states in the bible that barren women will always want. It's a tough road for us, extremely tough. It can be even harder if our spouse doesn't understand what women go through emotionally when it comes to the subject of pregnancy. 
Notice where on the list barren comes in. Second. The logical side of me is saying the second most wanting thing on this earth is a barren womb. It's pretty intense stuff.
Let me finish with this. God created you, perfect, holy and in His image. He has ways which are higher than ours, do you think God made a mistake by making you barren? Highly unlikely since our God is perfect. I know not the reasons. I don't dwell on them either. I take rest in knowing God understands my wants. He knows the hurt of my heart from my barren womb. But He has a purpose for it and it's much greater than I can imagine. Don't be ashamed of your want but try to take the peace offered to us by a God who is all knowing. He gives his toughest battles to his strongest soldiers. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ruling.

Faint.

Content.