Gift.

My Dearest Barren,

The end of the year is upon us and it is the time to be discussing gifts. While I mostly blunder through because I dread picking out gifts for others. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE to give to others...I just don't like the mind wrenching process to get there. I came across this passage which reminds me of God's infinite wisdom, grace, and gifts.
"If ye, then, being evil, know how to give goods gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?" 
--Luke 11:13 KJV 
Pretty profound. Since the fall of Adam, we are born with sin nature and therefore evil. But God's grace is much greater. In this passage of Luke, if we simply ask for the Holy Spirit and guidance, God promises it, freely gives it as a gift. How amazing! What really struck me was right in the middle to the end. "How much more" it says. God's supply is limitless. He can give us more than we ever dreamed if we only ask. Simple and true concept is ringing out. My dearest Barren, I pray that we turn our eyes toward God and His precious gifts this holiday season. How marvelous our lives may be if we only trust in Him and His promises to give when we ask.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ruling.

Faint.

Content.