Guarding.

My dearest barren, with the holidays coming around I would like to encourage you in the Lord.
It's tough, our path, but the holidays always make it harder. Whether it be an idle comment or the gathering of family around the new baby your sister just had, all these things keep us under a cloud. Try as we may sometimes it gets the best of us.
I wish I could tell you something that would take the pain away or to ease the aching you possess but I cannot. I struggle as you do. Everyday. I am learning this path as you are. I am simply trying to encourage you to keep a right spirit as I attempt to do.

I want to discuss guarding your heart. It sounds pretty clear what that might mean. I wanted to dig deeper and find out what God has to say about it.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." Proverbs 4:23

This verse I will commit to memory. If we keep our hearts right with God, He will bless us. (It may be a stretch for some of you to take that from this said verse. I ask you to take from it what God will have you take from it as he speaks to each of us differently.) 
Meaning what we keep from our hearts or allow into them with then our blessings or problems come out. Think of our hearts as machines. If we maintain them: keep them oiled, clean, and protected, they shall endure (Godly things). On the other hand, if we allow dirt to fill the crevasses, leave it unprotected, and don't supply oil, they shall fail (worldly things). 
Our God wants us to succeed. So by following His word and keeping the right things in our hearts we will succeed. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ruling.

Faint.

Content.