Dying Daily.

I've been at odds searching for a topic to write about. It came to me yesterday. 
Dying daily. 
We all have heard the phrase and some of us may have read in the Bible about one of the great saints saying he "dies daily".
For the longest time I did not know what he meant. What does it mean to die daily?? 
I believe the answer was revealed to me this week. Upon my journey of spiritual renewal and deepening my relationship with Jesus, I've learned a very important lesson. 
I set myself aside to allow God to work through me. This is what it means to die daily. Sacrificing your feelings, your emotions, and your reactions to the world around you, pushing them aside you allow the Holy Spirit to fill you. It sounds odd and little bit self-centered when it's not. I'll give you an example.
My work environment is stressful, not in a physical way but an emotional way. Lots of women in one office, many of which who like to talk and not always in the nice way. 
I have a tendency to react to the hearsay and gossip about who said what and why. I know, not very Christian of me. But you can scold me later. 
My reactions are wrong. I won't deny it. I won't pretend to hide who I really am. I normally react in anger to what is being said. I get angry and stew over it. But once I realized I can control my reactions better than what others are saying, the problem becomes much easier to solve. I won't take credit for what alone God has done through His mercy, patience, and teaching. For without Him, I could accomplish nothing. What God has taught me is instead of reacting, don't react. Once all those feelings and emotions start buzzing around inside me, I push it aside and take the peace God offers each and every one of us. I will worship, sing or refer to scripture I have read instead of allowing the emotions to run me. I must say I feel lighter, happier and more content with myself and my life. This is just my story. I'm sure it won't be the same as yours. I simply share it with you to help encourage your story. I'm sure there are some out there who die daily in different ways. We are all not broken in the same spots are we? Mine is a personal conviction I have received. 
I'm short on time this morning so I will try and wrap this up by relating it to our barren topic. 
Sometimes we must die daily in our lives in order for God to work in our lives. I've mentioned wanting in my previous post. But now I want to address not wallowing in the want. You must push the grief, pain and unanswered questions aside and allow God to fill His will in your life. When my mind rests on being barren, wanting children and anything related to those subjects, I turn it over to Jesus. I pray, "Lord have your will and not my own in my life. If this is the path you have chosen for me, I will accept it." 
This helps me. You might find it will help you too or maybe reading your Bible will give you peace. Above all, God is in control and He will not leave you, nor forsake you. He will give you all that you ask in His will and in His time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ruling.

Faint.

Content.